This version of the workshop is specifically designed for any studio professionals working in the gaming, animation, or VFX industries.
Have you ever experienced any of these pains:
- It takes too long or is impossible to decide something and arrive at a consensus with my team.
- I (or my teammates) don't feel heard when we raise opinions or concerns in meetings.
- I feel there is a lack of trust from higher management in our abilities to make the best decisions as a team.
- I (or my teammates) feel unable to do anything to change the situation in my team.
High-performing teams are collaborative and participatory. This workshop is designed to teach you the skills necessary to eliminate all of the above pain points and convert your team meetings to participatory, engaged, high-impact. It is 20% theoretical and 80% practical.
What you will learn in this workshop:
- Decision-making practices and the difference between them.
- How to distinguish between different situations and use the appropriate decision-making practice for the right moment.
- Not getting stuck in the "Let's schedule a meeting to decide" cycle.
- How to make decisions as a team where everyone's opinion is taken into account, everyone's needs are met and yet it doesn't take ages to decide something together.
- How to avoid the most common pitfalls when making decisions as a team.
- How to organize and facilitate a decision-making meeting.
- How to tweak all this for your team and organization.
Typical results of this workshop are:
- A clear understanding of different practices and patterns for participatory decision-making.
- Increased employee satisfaction in teams that adopt these practices.
- Short and "to the point" decision-making processes and meetings.
- Leaders and managers have more time for strategy and business development work.
- More self-management across your team and the whole organization.
- Increased pro-activity and decreased disengagement from work.
Your Workshop Facilitator:
My name is Marin Petrov and I have worked for 20+ years in the Animation, VFX, and Game industries. My passion is all the invisible but important ingredients that make self-managed, co-owned, participatory, high-performing teams and organizations.
Next date: Sometime in September 2022.
- Workshop information
- Size6.16 MB
- Length3 pages